INGREDIENTS (For 2)
- 1/4 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 to 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/3 stalk of celery
- 1.5 cup of chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of fresh milk
DIRECTIONS (30 mins)
Prepare (10 mins)
- Wash the broccoli and celery (optional).
- Chop 1/4 onion into slices and 1 clove of garlic in quarters,
- Chop ~1/2 broccoli into 1 to 2 cups and 1/3 stalk of celery.
- Prepare 1.5 cup of chicken broth.
Cook (20 mins)
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium-sized stock pot, and saute onion and celery (optional) until tender.
- Add broccoli and broth, cover and simmer until broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.
- During the last minute or so of cooking, add the garlic (this cooks the garlic just enough to remove its raw taste).
- Puree in a blender until very smooth. If necessary, blend in batches or use a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree.
- Stir in the milk (cream or yogurt) and reheat gently; do not boil.
- Season with pepper to taste, and serve.