- Vegetable oil
- Short-grain rice (overnight)
- Sesame oil
- Gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- Light soy sauce
- Kimchi juice (from the kimchi jar)
- Side Dish: Fried egg / sunny side up
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- Cooked 1 cup of short-grain rice with 1 cup water; refrigerate overnight
- Chop up 3 cloves of garlic
- Chop up 1 cup of kimchi chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Prepare sauce and mix sauce well into a smooth paste
- 1 tbsp gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp kimchi juice (from the kimchi jar)
Fried Egg / Sunny Side Up: Heat and grease a cooking pan. Crack the egg(s) into the pan, careful not to break the yolk. Cook until the yolk is just set, about 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
Kimchi Fried Rice
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in wok. Stir fry garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add kimchi, cover with lid and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add rice and pour sauce over the rice.
- Stir fry on high heat until the rice is dry and absorbs the sauce evenly.
- Serve on plates/bowls. Drizzle 1/2 tbsp sesame oil over the rice. Garnish with fried egg, and spring onions.
Recipe Inspired by: www.noobcook.com/kimchi-fried-rice/2