- 150g minced pork (or chicken)
- Cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- Light soya sauce
- Chinese white pepper powder
- Spring onions
- Make egg custard mixture: Add 2 eggs, 3/4 cup size water and 1 tsp light soy sauce in a bowl. Whisk gently to combine. Do not over beat the eggs. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Marinade minced pork: Marinade minced pork with 1 tsp light soy sauce, a few dashes Chinese white pepper powder and finely chopped spring onions. Let the meat marinade aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Stir fry the minced pork until they are cooked on the surface (no longer pink), breaking them to smaller bits using your spatula. Do not overcook.
- Arrange the partially cooked pork in a thin layer on a wide and shallow dish. Pour the stained egg mixture over the pork. If you see any bubbles, “flatten” the surface of the egg mixture with the back of a spoon.
- Steam the egg custard over high heat for about 15 minutes. Insert a fork and you should see little clear liquid comes out.
Recipe inspired by Noobcook