Why the name?
I’ve been wondering for a long time. The main ingredients don’t have the initials of ABC. So why ABC? Probably because it’s so easy to cook, that it’s as simple as A-B-C.
Thaw: Take out the pork ribs from the freezer to the fridge section in the morning to thaw. If time-pressed, bring out the pork ribs to thaw at least 2- 3 hours before.
Cook: For best results, start preparing 3 hours before. Otherwise, 1 hour is good enough time.
Pork Ribs, Potatoes, Carrot, Tomatos, Onion, Carrot, ikan bilis (I used ikan bilis stock), Ginger, Garlic, Salt, (Optional Celery).
- 2 to 3 Potatoes, peeled and cut to chunks
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cut to chunks
- 1 Tomatos, sliced to 6-8 wedges
- 1 yellow/red onion, 1 slice of ginger, 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped, add more if you like
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thinly, Optional
- Set aside some salt and boil water
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for about 5 minutes, then rinse with cold water, set aside.
- Place the blanched pork ribs and the other ingredients (except salt) into a pot. Pour water in to cover the ingredients with it. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low fire for another 40-50 mins. Season to taste with salt. For best results, keep warm in thermal pot for at least 2 hours before serving.
Directions inspired by this blog